Theists actually believe this stuff!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Societies worse off 'when they have God on their side'

RELIGIOUS belief can cause damage to a society, contributing towards high murder rates, abortion, sexual promiscuity and suicide, according to research published today.

According to the study, belief in and worship of God are not only unnecessary for a healthy society but may actually contribute to social problems.

The study counters the view of believers that religion is necessary to provide the moral and ethical foundations of a healthy society.


Link:

Not a new article.

There are no surprises here. When you get a second chance at life, an afterlife, this life matters less. To me, this life is precious and important. I have to make the most of it cause soon enough I'll be dead. If I do something wrong I have to make amends as best I can and apologise. I don't have an all forgiving supernatural friend to let me off the hook.

No comments: