Theists actually believe this stuff!

Monday, September 21, 2009

Another pointless Xtian hate fest

Therefore in the 20th century atheism lies behind Mao Zedung, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot. Atheists seem to be behind not just abortion but eugenics, family planning, radical feminism and the gay movement, political extremes of capitalism and communism and practically every evil I can think of.


Link:

I don't expect them to post my response:

Once again I, an atheist, am able to take the high moral ground over theists. I don't hate you. I'm not accusing you of crimes you haven't committed. You people should have a long hard look at your bible and see if it says that you should be judging others... that sort of thing. Some of the unpopular parts of your bible.

Bad people do bad things. Good people do good things. I cannot believe for a moment that any one of the people on this board would start a massacre if they lost their faith. People all over the world lose their religious convictions every day. Show me the statistics that prove that this directly causes massacres. It should be, if you are right, that you would be able to show statistically that within (say) 30 days of not believing in any god people are (say) 50% more likely to kill more than one person. Show some facts instead of baseless accusations. I'm not seeing the word 'atheist' come up many times on Wikipedia's List of Massacres.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_events_named_massacres

It is pointless to try to tally up the deaths. Christianity has its hands dripping with blood and is in no position to criticize others. What you are doing here and now on this blog is inciting hatred, xenophobia and division. These are the things that caused the most bloody chapters in human history, not disbelief in someone else's creation fairy tale.

People mistakenly think that atheism is a moral code. It is not. It simply states the lack of belief in a god or gods. Just as the people posting here don't believe in Allah or the Australian Aboriginal Dream Time, I don't believe your claim that the god of the christian bible exists. After all of these creation myths are discarded an atheist decides on a moral code. It can be as simple as the codes attributed to the fictional character Jesus: 'Do unto others as you would have the do unto you'. This is a creed adopted all over the world by many religious figures and philosophers. I tend towards the Humanist Ethical Codes (such as this: http://nireland.humanist.org.uk/handbk/a_humanist_ethical_code.html ). Note that 4 of the list of ten aren't wasted on the vanity of a jealous god's dislike of other gods and petty need to be worshipped 24/7.

Anyway, I don't expect this post to be put up. I guess I'll put it on my blog so as to have not wasted my time in writing it. Time, after all, is precious when there is no offer of a magical second life.

More comments at reddit:

No comments: