Theists actually believe this stuff!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

More outrageous behaviour from theists:

Article:

Is this another example of how religion teaches young people how to be good? If these teenagers aren't having nightmares about this I would be very surprised. I would be having nightmares about it!

But, and now comes my problem, how are we going to use this news story to bring better understanding of religion's outrageous claims into the public sphere? How can atheists really use all of these stories to illustrate the redundancy and moral bankruptcy of religion?

It's nice for us to all agree that this was horrible but this doesn't stop dumb stuff like this from happening again and again and again without it sticking to religion in general and all the while they denounce us as evil.

I'm not saying that I don't want to read stories. I'm not accusing others of doing too little. I just read this and think: 'What can I do about this?'

No comments: